This article describes steps necessary to upgrade the web application to the new version, which is based on OWIN since version 2015.4. Upgrade is done only once, it is not necessary to perform such operation with each release.
- Make sure .NET framework in version 4.5.1 or higher is installed.
- Make sure ASP.NET MVC 4 is installed. Installation package is available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30683.
- Download an OWIN based release of the web application.
- Deploy the files from the downloaded package.
- There is an
upgrade/upgrade_2015.4.0.cmdscript in the downloaded package. Execute it directly from
upgradedirectory, It will clear the obsolete files.
web.configand make the following changes:Authentication cookie settings (including session expire timeout) are now possible to change using Startup.cs User Management Configuration.
Configure OWIN container through
Startup.csfile. Its location is expected in
App_Codefolder of the application. Sample file is provided with the package as
Startup.cs_. Sample file contains configuration for cookie authorization via Asp.Net Membership provider.
- Switch the application to the application pool based on .NET 4.0.
- Make sure you have a record in the BusinessPartner table with UserName=
If your application was configured to use Asp.Net Membership provider, your work is done and you should be able to log in to the system.
If your application is using AJAX login and sign out functionality, you need to update URLs. They're changed from
Email Address Confirmation (ORIGAM Documentation)
Startup.cs User Management Configuration (ORIGAM Documentation) — This article provides information on configuration of user management in Origam application.
How to Migrate from Membership to Origam Based Authentication (ORIGAM Documentation)
How To Upgrade Web Application to OWIN (ORIGAM Documentation)