You have a drop-down on a form screen section and when you select the value, you want another field to fill-up automatically with additional information. This information is not stored, it should be just looked-up, so it can be read-only.
You created a Screen Section screen section for the SalesOrder entity where you add these fields:
Now we have the data source configured so it will contain a phone number. It will also automatically reload when the lookup source parameter (refBusinessPartnerId) changes so the UI does not have to care about this.
3. Add the Field To the
In this last step we will place the Phone Number field on the formscreen section.
- Open the Screen Section based on the SalesOrder entity.
- In the SalesOrder tab in the Toolbox select the BusinessPartner_PhoneNumber field.
- Change to the Widgets tab in the Toolbox, select AsTextBox/AsDateBox and drag it onto the panel.
- In the Properties find the (DataBindings) and expand it. The DateValue should show OrigamDataSet - SalesOrder.BusinessPartner_PhoneNumber (the SalesOrder being your current entity name and the BusinessPartner_PhoneNumber your looked-up field).
- Set ReadOnly to True as this field is not editable anyway.
That's it. Now you have manually bound the text field with the looked-up field that will be provided when you execute the formscreen section.